Images From The Cathedral
Thanks to Lydia for sharing her wonderful photographs from the field trip! I continue to enjoy reading your reflections about the Cathedral and National Gallery:
Davis: While visiting the Cathedral, I realized that I was seeing something that most people would never see in their whole lifetime. I felt very, very lucky!
[[I love the way that Davis expressed his sense of gratitude: he reminded me that we were very fortunate to have the chance to visit two such special places]]
Joey: The cathedral was my favorite part of the trip because of the "easy to miss" details, the "hard to miss" details, and the beautiful glowing stained glass windows.
If I were making a cathedral I wouldn’t create something that had tons of exquisite details that nobody could see. The patience and time required to build one of the cathedrals is hard as is, but to have a majority of your work completely overlooked, unappreciated, or not even seen, I find strange but cool.
As for the hard to miss details such as the phenomenal stained glass windows, the towering peaks, and the limestone walls, I think those are the main attractions. Especially the 20 foot tall (don’t quote me) stained glass windows. They literally and figuratively glow!
James: At the National Cathedral, the three rose windows were extremely big. The guide said they were made out of nine thousand pieces of glass. I believed it...
I found it strange that the organ had its real pipes hidden in the walls, but they put in fake pipes on the outside. Why not just put the real pipes on the wall in the first place?
I could not find any burial places and still wonder where they were...
I think that what I liked best about the cathedral was how it was Christian, but it was open to all religions, even atheists.
James: At the National Cathedral, the three rose windows were extremely big. The guide said they were made out of nine thousand pieces of glass. I believed it...
I found it strange that the organ had its real pipes hidden in the walls, but they put in fake pipes on the outside. Why not just put the real pipes on the wall in the first place?
I could not find any burial places and still wonder where they were...
I think that what I liked best about the cathedral was how it was Christian, but it was open to all religions, even atheists.
Thank you, Lydia, for the pictures! I look forward to seeing more from your classmates!

Comments
Post a Comment