New Vocabulary for Mr. Richmond: Mod Podge Is In The House


Today we were fortunate to have the opportunity to listen to author Kwame Alexander and illustrator Ekua Holmes talk about their work and their inspiration. I absolutely loved listening to them talk about the joy that they get from poetry and art.

One of the highlights of the talk, for me, was learning some new vocabulary from one of my students. Here's how it all played out: 
  1. Whitley posed an absolutely fascinating question: "Do you use mod podge?
  2. Mrs. Holmes gave a knowing smile and responded: "Hey, are you trying to learn my secrets?! ... Yes, in truth I do use mod podge."
  3. After the assembly finished, I hustled back to my classroom and researched the term "mod podge", in order to understand this lively interaction!
I can't wait to read The Crossover!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Questions About Hinduism

Where is Greece?