The Wonders of Great Wexley
Today we talked about Crispin's adventures in Great Wexley, and the students came up with a variety of adjectives to describe the medieval city:
Henry says Wexley is grand, while Zoƫ says it's bustling.
Joe focuses on the city walls and chooses the adjective impenetrable (wow!).
Meanwhile, Alexa and Liam provide this piece of sophisticated analysis: "Compared to Stromford and the other small, simple medieval villages that Crispin and Bear have visited, Great Wexley is evolved and developed."
For today's Musical Monday selection, we listened to Vivaldi's masterpiece, Spring. Here's a sampling of the students' feedback:
Ellie: The music makes me feel like the sun is coming out, ready to shine.
Gabriel: I have played this piece, and it's really fun -- it's very upbeat and happy.
Bjorn: The speed of the violinists' fingers is noticeable.
Max: This music feels like a windy spring day.
Olivia: I can hear the birds chirping within the music. (I thought Olivia was being metaphorical, but Isabel pointed out that the video includes the actual sound of birds chirping!).
Annabelle: This would be a great song to use as an alarm. It would get your day off on the right foot.
Whitley: If you were in a bad mood, this song would be really irritating. [I love that Whitley thought about the music from a different perspective than most of her classmates]

Comments
Post a Comment