Stories About Mesopotamia, Part 3
By Elsa
I’m pretty good at running I guess. I sometimes bring mom messages from the farm. I usually send useless messages like "the deer are taking a while to domesticate” or “our irrigation system isn’t working very well.”
Losing track of myself, I almost run into a cow passing in the streets. I look over my shoulder to see the man is gone. I lay myself against a wall, tired and nervous. I was supposed to get another pig, but the man scared me off. I guess I would have to go home empty handed.
My stomach growls. I spot a woman selling bread, and walk over.After eating a small warm loaf of bread, I feel a little better. I’m not as nervous or tired. I decide to head back to the farm. I trudge through the gravel road, arms aimlessly moving back and forth. “I didn’t do it,” I think to myself. “I didn’t cut the ox’s tail off,” I whisper.
“Fibs! I’m reporting you,” I hear echo in my head.
I look up, the sun is a little less brighter then as usual. I finally reach where the gravel path ends and a dirt one begins.
Anbu walked up through the dense trees and saw streams he had walked by many times before. Today, he thought, he would go through a cave he had seen yesterday. He walked in and turned a corner.
Discovery
By Diego
Anbu walked up through the dense trees and saw streams he had walked by many times before. Today, he thought, he would go through a cave he had seen yesterday. He walked in and turned a corner.
He saw light fifteen yards away, so he kept going. When he was almost there the light shone bright on his face, so he looked down. When he looked down he saw something strange. He saw what seemed to be stone and stick tools. They had dust and dirt all over them. He looked around before grabbing them.
Anbu saw colorful shapes on the rock walls. Animals, objects, all had turned brownish gray from all the time they’d been alone.
These were the first lost artifacts ever found, from before Mesopotamia. He picked up a stick with a stone on top of it. Are these really old tools? If so, what was they used for? Many questions swirled through Anbu’s head.
He tried to figure out what the paintings on the walls were. He saw a herd of what looked to be sheep. Above, he saw orangish brown hands. He wondered what they could be...




Comments
Post a Comment